A very last minute challenge that I started last night from the October single page challenge on Stick it down blog using this fab sketch below
I took my little boy to a local farm for some pumpkin and halloween fun last week. He is only 2 and was super brave doing some scary challenges in the dark
I started with some smooth white card stock and drew out a template of two pumpkins for the circular elements. I then stitched the designs and coloured in the pumpkins with watercolours.
I matted the photos with some autumnal orange, red and brown and included some textured string and a yellow frame cut into two from freckled fawn.
I finished off the page with some vellum and acetate embellishments from heidi swapp, colorshine mist in gold and red and some orange enamel dots. I stamped the title with a kelly purkey stamp and coloured it in with squeezed lemonade distress inks.
Thanks for reading, I really loved trying out hand sewing on a page and creating this layout.
Hello There, I upgraded from my silhouette portrait which was brought for me several years ago to make wedding invites for a second hand cameo so I can finally cut on 12×12.
I created my own little cut file using a heart which I filled the page with, then removed some and created a half cut print for different sections. I used more vintagey colours and browns to match the brown elements in the photo.
I created a ‘few’ layers paper under the photo which were scraps from a few lines and glitter washi tape, which was a bargain at 3 for £1 at poundland, then I mounted it on a foam sheet to give it some dimension off the busy page.
I like how this page turned out and I got to have a quick play with my machine. I had forgotten how sticky the new sticky sheets off, boy, did it take me a LONG time to remove that paper from the backing! Be warned.
Thank you for reading 🙂
I like to watercolour! Most of my homes have had at least one little painting, usually of a flower, a simple landscape or a windmill. I had a go at doing a watercolour background with a strong wash but thought I would have a go at a title, like I’ve seen Shimelle done in her 20 Project and look fab.
Getting your handwriting to adapt to a watercolour brush was much harder than I thought it was going to be and I need a lot of practice but thought my first attempts looked pretty cute on the page
This is a layout which is pretty close to one made by Shimelle’s in her 20 Project or Scrapbooking Process courses. I thought both were pretty good and look forward to more classes by her in the future. I used a bold pattern from the Star shine line for the back ground and used some random pink, white and blue papers and die cuts for the embellishments up one side.
I finished the pages with some enamel dots and sticker flowers on foam dots.
Thanks for reading 🙂
I had an attempt at trying mixed media on my page and while I don’t mind the final result it is something I will have to try again to perfect. I made a stencil using my Silhouette Portrait and some acetate. I mixed some Heidi Swapp Colorshine into my modelling paste and used the stencil to make the flower, onto my green background.
I left it to dry then sprayed over some more Color Shine and Picket fence Distress spray before taking it to the crop a few weeks ago. My layout was inspired by Sheena’s Layout on Shimelle’s Blog.
I used cut apart sheet and the stickers from the Amy Tangerine Better together collection as they were a good match with the pink and contrast with the green background. I hand painted with distress inks and a water brush the title and while I think its ok, it’s something I need to practice with, I think Amy Tangerine has a brush script course which I’m hoping someone can get me for Christmas!
I cut out some of the flowers from another AT paper and added enamel dots, Nuvo dots in the yellow and some stamping with a little Heidi Swapp stamp set.
I really enjoyed trying out some new techniques as I’ve been really enjoying Irit Landgraf youtube channel but she makes it look far too easy! Practice Practice Practice!
Thanks for reading! x