It’s still feeling pretty warm this October with only a few days of rain and lots of sunshine. We’ve been making the most of it playing outside in the leaf litter. I just loved this photo of my little boy making leaf angels.
First I used my silhouette to cut out this free template from Paper Issues in watercolour paper and painted them with different autumnal colours. I spritz the background with some gold and red Colorshine spray as I’m not great with white cardstock. I waited for them to dry before sticking them down a little and sewing over the layers with my machine and included some cool large copper sequins and some butterfly and leaf sequins I stole from my sons sequin stash.
I didn’t mind that the stitching was a little messy and organic. I added more droplets of mist over the leaves and added more small sequins in orange and gold and some Nuvo drops in a lovely yellow/mustardy colour. I also added some foam squares under the leaves to give them a bit more dimension.
I matted my photo with a few scrap layers of paper including one vellum piece and added some rub on stars, some cotton thread, thin wood pieces and some phrase stickers. I loved how it turned out and just made me happy!
Thanks for reading
One Two Canoe Creekside Rub on Stars/ Shimelle Little by Little Sticker Book/ Paper Issue Cut File/ Nuvo Dots in Dandelion Yellow/ Heidi Swapp Colour Shine
A very last minute challenge that I started last night from the October single page challenge on Stick it down blog using this fab sketch below
I took my little boy to a local farm for some pumpkin and halloween fun last week. He is only 2 and was super brave doing some scary challenges in the dark
I started with some smooth white card stock and drew out a template of two pumpkins for the circular elements. I then stitched the designs and coloured in the pumpkins with watercolours.
I matted the photos with some autumnal orange, red and brown and included some textured string and a yellow frame cut into two from freckled fawn.
I finished off the page with some vellum and acetate embellishments from heidi swapp, colorshine mist in gold and red and some orange enamel dots. I stamped the title with a kelly purkey stamp and coloured it in with squeezed lemonade distress inks.
Thanks for reading, I really loved trying out hand sewing on a page and creating this layout.
Hello There, I upgraded from my silhouette portrait which was brought for me several years ago to make wedding invites for a second hand cameo so I can finally cut on 12×12.
I created my own little cut file using a heart which I filled the page with, then removed some and created a half cut print for different sections. I used more vintagey colours and browns to match the brown elements in the photo.
I created a ‘few’ layers paper under the photo which were scraps from a few lines and glitter washi tape, which was a bargain at 3 for £1 at poundland, then I mounted it on a foam sheet to give it some dimension off the busy page.
I like how this page turned out and I got to have a quick play with my machine. I had forgotten how sticky the new sticky sheets off, boy, did it take me a LONG time to remove that paper from the backing! Be warned.
Thank you for reading 🙂